Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Olivia


Dear Olivia,

This year has been a hard one, but you are finally six!  I am so proud of the person you are growing into.  When Grandma died and your Grammy got really sick, I was really worried about you.  Don’t tell your brother and sister, but one of my favorite things about you is how joyfully naughty you are.  I think when Grandma died and Grammy got sick you got scared that I might die too and you started trying to be too good.  You did a really good job at it; I was afraid that you were never going to be my joyful naughty girl again.  But, I think you’ve found a really nice balance between naughty and nice; I’m sure Santa is impressed. 
We had so much fun while you were five and I’m really excited about six; it’s one of my favorite ages.  I can’t wait for all of the adventures we are going to have together this summer in our new house; it will be even better than last summer. 
And, no, you may not have a cell phone now that you are six.  Just relax because it is going to be a long, long wait. 
I’m trying really hard to remember all of the funny things you say now because faster than anything you are sprinting away from your babyhood.  Just the other day you asked me if the holes had grown into your ears yet so you could wear earrings and even though you got really mad when I said that you have to have them pierced and you’re not allowed to until you’re ten, I thought it was so cute that you just believed they appear with age.  I’ll be really sad when you say “thank you” instead of “fank you.”

Here are some things I think about telling you:

  1. Don’t be in such a hurry to get married, being single is really, really fun
  2. Don’t worry about being “cool” for Boston or anyone else, you’re cooler than any boy I’ve ever met
  3. Sing louder and dance more, you have a charming voice and moves that make me question weather or not I am biologically responsible for your existence.
  4. Stick with the leopard print; it works with your personality.
  5. The key you wear around your neck makes you seem mysterious, that will work in your favor in years to come.
  6. You have great taste in music.
  7. You will be reading fluently momentarily, I am literally holding my breath; whole new worlds are about to open for you.
  8. I would never willingly leave you.
Liv, I think you’re amazing and I hope you have a fantastic 6th birthday.  Also, six really is too old to draw on furniture and walls now, please stop.


Love, Mom

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com