Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On a Lighter Note...Insert Blonde Joke Here

Long, long ago when I was in high school my mom got tickets to The Nutcracker for my family and my friend Amy.  It was an hour drive during which my brother never shut up about the fact that he didn't want to go to the Nutcracker, which annoyed my mom into this exchange:

Cheli: Erin, every child in America wants to see the Nutcracker.
Erin: Well, not every one, because I don't.
Cheli: EVERY CHILD IN AMERICA KNOWS ALL OF THE WORDS TO THE NUTCRACKER, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????
Me:  Mom, It's a ballet, there are no words.
Cheli: Ballet? Why the fuck would I want to go to a ballet?  What do you mean there are no words?

We took the tollway and this was back before IPass when you still had to drive over those crazy loud warning bumps and give your money to an actual person.  

Amy: I always wonder why those things are there?
Erin: Oh, it's so that blind people know when to slow down for the toll booths.

Insert  blonde joke here.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Totally just peed my pants after reading about your family trip to see the Nutcracker. Did you all end up liking it in spite of the fact that it's a ballet? What did your mom think it was? Erin's comment about the bumps is priceless.

Kris Harper-Kaminski said...

I love the ballet and knew what I was going for. Erin and my mom spent the last two acts smoking in the lounge (it was a LONG time ago). Aimee now understands what the bumps are for; of course they no longer use them....

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com