Thursday, May 20, 2010

So here is what I'm so busy doing that I can't be bothered to write in my blog:

So here is what I'm spending all of my time doing:  Exhibits A-D.  I'm sharing Exhibit A & B only because they are the perennial dianthus in the "Witch" series and you all know how I feel about witches; love them.  Exhibit A is Wicked Witch and Exhibit B is Fire Witch...oh, the irony.  Witches and fire, you know...like peanut butter and jelly.  Exhibit C is the end of April and Exhibit D is a couple of weeks ago.  As you can imagine, it's a never ending battle to keep ahead of the weeds.  I'm showing you my garden because for 6 years it has been kicking my ass and this year; I'm the ass kicker.  The first summer I lived here I was digging holes up to my hips removing yucca after yucca.  At one point I actually fell asleep in my yard half in a hole and half out; I'm pretty sure it's how I met my friend Cathi.  I did a whole brick wall surrounding a house front garden bed, 5 bricks deep; 5 BURIED BRICKS DEEP, and then the next year decided I didn't like it and I've been removing grass one foot at a time until last spring when I REMOVED MY LAWN and replaced it with a garden which nearly cost me my marriage.  Boys like grass.  Anyhow, after years of work, it is finally getting to where I imagined it and I wanted to share with you.

I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That walkway is so inviting! Thanks for giving me the name of the dianthus...I can never remember it!

cat said...

Your garden is just beautiful.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com