Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grateful.

Happy Mother's Day!  I'm going to take a minute away from complaining about my kids to say the following:

Every Mother's Day since May 1997 (pregnant with Aidan) I have woken up feeling a profound sense of love.  No matter how scared I've been to be a parent (May 1997), how big I've been (May 2005: twins), how tired I've been (May 2006: crying twins) I always wake up on Mother's Day grateful.  My kids are an eternal source of amazement and entertainment.  Kids make you remember what it was like the first time you felt anything.  The older we get the more we forget that feeling, more accurately, we ignore that feeling.  We're in a hurry and we have other things on our minds; the mortgage, the bills, the house, etc.  Our kids' brains are totally open to the amazement that is found everywhere.  I'm a gardener; one of the key points of being a gardener is hating dandelions.  My kids love dandelions; they're sunny and yellow and then they turn into a snowball that you can wish on and blow all over kingdom come.  Every dandelion within 4 yards is theirs for the taking; what's not to love?  Well, a lot, but it's mother's day and I don't care about my kids wishing for 507,432 more dandelions to blow all over my garden!  Today I'm just grateful that I have 3 fantastic children whom I adore and who on occasion adore me back. 

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms that are, that wish to be, and that will be; enjoy your day.

1 comments:

cat said...

Hope you had a great day.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com