Monday, February 8, 2010

Do You Ever Feel Like You're Being Watched?

I've been cleaning a lot of glitter and googly eyes this week.  This morning I was getting ready to mop the kitchen floor and looked down and saw the image to the right.  The girls were just as surprised as I was so I think it was just a random occurance...or is it something more sinister?  Has it really come to this?  I'm being watched by my kitchen floor.  Apparently Dan is not the only one underwhelmed by my domestic abilities, now the floors are chiming in!  Now I'll have to check the washing machine for googly eyes; I REALLY hate to do laundry!
In an only marginally related topic, my feet are killing me.  I just went to the podiatrist for the first time; I've had a lot of foot pain over the last year or so and now it's to the point that it's keeping me from doing things I want to do (walk) or need to do (workout).  Apparently my left foot is hopeless; really sad since I have two left feet.  The right one may be saved, they're making me inserts.  He asked me what kind of shoes I wear.  My reply; heels, boots, mary janes, high heel boots, peep-toes, pumps, stripper shoes, platforms, etc. etc.  He apparently wanted to know what kind of athletic shoes I wear?????  Clearly this man does not know me at all.  I said I have one pair of New Balance for when I go walking walking.  He shows me a picture of what he's thinking:Here's a picture of what I'm thinking (I just bought these with an xmas gift card a couple of weeks ago):Apparently, the insert won't work with any shoe that isn't totally hideous.  Anyway, I'm off track, my point was....I wish I knew when I was 15 what body parts I should take really good care of.  No one thinks when they're 15....I hope my feet still work when I'm 38.  Aidan is going to the podiatrist on Thursday.

7 comments:

Leah said...

The shoes remind me of the hideous sun repellent (or just repellent) clothing the dermatologist recommended to my mom and me. Which, needless to say, we have never purchased. And the bad shoes are quite darling.

Kristyn Harper-Kaminski said...

thanks, they make me happy.

cat said...

I tell you what - I have really great feet, you have mine. I am so tired of my IBS that I would do that for an exchange.

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

Kristyn Harper-Kaminski said...

Kat, I'm just a beginner blogger so I have not even learned of exciting things like Bloggy Boot Camp! It sounds like fun! Cat, I'm going to have to turn down your kind offer of feet; IBS is worse; I feel for you. In a cruel twist (literally) of fate my hip is out and I can barely walk upright let alone in my fabulous zebra shoes!

Shawna said...

I happen to love ugly yet comfortable shoes. And my feet are very healthy. :)

Kristyn Harper-Kaminski said...

Shawna, you have a fabulous personality that makes people over look the fact that you wear hideously ugly shoes on purpose. I'm not nearly as nice as you; I NEED beautiful shoes to make people like me.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com