Saturday, February 20, 2010

Craptastic Pemphigus Vulgaris

Searching for a safe and effective therapy for pemphigus vulgaris--the rituximab IVIg combination.(WASHINGTON WHISPERS): An article from: Journal of Drugs in DermatologyPemphigus vulgaris: an acquired blistering disease. (Case Report).: An article from: Southern Medical Journal

My best friend, Shawna, has this craptastic disease called pemphigus vulgaris that is generally horrifying and causes all kinds of problems in her life that she doesn't need.  Thursday was her son, Brady's,  6th birthday, today is his party.  Last week Shawna had an allergic reaction to some sort of topical cream and today she is lying in bed with her disease fully out of control.  That was all it took.  Now she won't even be able to be at his party and should definitely be in the hospital but won't go because someone would probably cancel his party and she just wants him to have his day because she is a ridiculously great mom!  What I want is to be independently wealthy, or really just not flat-ass broke, so I can get on a plane and make his party go off without a hitch and help my best friend.  Again I am asking myself WHY THE HELL DO WE LIVE A 15 HOUR DRIVE APART??????  Seriously, your best friend is who you need when hereditary craptastic diseases and genetically inherited bad backs bring you down. I wish I was in Rapid City, South Dakota. 

3 comments:

cat said...

Oh I feel for her - this is so sad.

Anonymous said...

This is the best web site for information & help with Pemphigus:

http://www.pemphigus.org/

Best of luck for your friend, it is a particularly nasty disease with serious treatment side effects.

Kristyn Harper-Kaminski said...

Thank you so much for the web site info.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com