Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First

So, this is my first posting, I feel fairly confident that no one will read it who isn't related to me by blood or happy accident.

My first posting is really a warning, I am a complainer. C.O.M.P.L.A.I.N.E.R. Here is a partial list of people/things I will most likely complain about: people I don't like, people I like, retail people, people who can't count change properly, other drivers on the road, kids and my garden, . Here is a list of people/things I will for sure complain about: my kids, my friends, my husband, my dog and the rest of my family, my bills a polotics and from today forward, a big box store that rhymes with "small fart" (we'll get to them later)

If you don't like to hear complaining, you should not read my blog. That probably takes care of my husband ever having to read it! If you have a problem with people who swear like a sailor on shore leave, you're probably going to want to get out now!

I have more opinions than any one person should be allowed and for this I blame my Mother.

Hopefully my family can read this blog and understand that I blog because I love you and because I think it will keep the voices in my head in check (we'll see).

I am a SAHM (stay at home mom, or for a better acronym see http://www.dooce.com/ which you should be reading anyway) who sells lia sophia jewelry and has a husband (Dan), three kids and a dog; Aidan (12), Olivia (3) and Grace (3) and Stichy (5, coon hound)Until I get direct permission from Aidan to write about him, we're keeping him off limits except to say that he's the funniest person I know. Mostly I will be talking about the other two who are too young to have any say in how I screw them up! In addition to these people you will frequently hear about my Mom (Cheli), my brother (Erin), my mother in law (Patti) and her sister (Auntie Mare). You will also hear about my friends and their kids.

I am writing this for a few reasons. I feel like a lot of women out there with kids, and perhaps specifially with twins, think that their life is out of control and that everyone else out there has a handle on it. I think that one way to shed some light on that myth is to share. I love my kids more than anything but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think at some point "I want my life back" and I don't believe that there are very many moms out there who don't think the same thing.

Another reason is this, I have my 20 year reunion coming up in a couple of weeks. In preparation for that some of my classmates met a few months ago at a local bar. One of my old friends introduced me to her husband as a writer and then she went on to talk about specific things that I had written and hoped that I was still writing. It was very surreal because I haven't thought of myself that way in years. When I was younger writing was my therapy and I certainly need therapy now more than ever, so why not?

1 comments:

Leah said...

This is going to be fun. At least until you publicly call me out for something. :) And your vast opinions are not all for which we blame your mother - including why we do not use handkerchiefs and feel uncomfortable eating scallops.
Most importantly, I am the FIRST COMMENT on your new blog! Woo hoo.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com